As you know by now, everything at War-Race is set to be unique and also to honor and create souvenirs so we NEVER FORGET.
“The people cease living when they cease remembering” – Ferdinand Foch
With each event, War-Race will create a Comic Book of the concerned Battle. This will be a full Comic Book hand-drawn by our amazing artist Willy Harold Williamson, Son of Lainer Howard Williamson, American aviator 375th Fighter squadron, 9th Air Force.
Willy is a scriptwriter and cartoonist. He has always been passionate about drawing and aviation. He started by drawing in newspapers, then drew short true stories in the Tintin newspaper. He published Nuts, Bastogne, The Battle of the Bulge, where aviation intervenes and which was a great success at Dargaud. He has published several volumes of Masonic inspiration. He exhibited Drawing boards in a traveling exhibition in five very large Chinese cities for the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
For the first time in History of sports-events, you can have the opportunity to be in a Comic Book. This is how it works:
- During each War Race, your actions will be photographed by our excellent partner SPORTOGRAF
- After the event, you can purchase your actions pictures on their website by entering your bib number
But it does not stop there:
- Our cartoonist “Willy” will hand-draw many based on the action pictures
- We turn these drawings into a real Comic Book that will be available for purchase on our website.
What if my picture is not selected to be part of the Comic Strip?
- No worries, we got you covered on that too. You can choose one of your favorite pictures and customize the Comic Book Cover with it (at a small additional cost). This way it is a perfect and unique souvenir of your Race.
Giving back to the community
- As you know we also give part of our revenue back to the community. This is no exception. With every Comic Strip sold, we give 5€ to a local foundation. More on this topic in the months to come. See you soon Soldiers!